The Best Supplements to Use With Insanity

 Article Written by:
Josh Spencer

Even though I already have this in the “Q&A” section of this site, I still seem to get this question every day! So, I figured I’d take a little bit of time to explain the supplements that I use while doing Insanity/P90X. If I am your Beachbody Coach, you already know that I only recommend products that I have used and worked for me. Here are a list of supplements to use with P90X, Insanity, Chalean Extreme, RevAbs, Power 90, or any other Beachbody home workout program.

Shakeology. Most of you already know that this is by far the best overall supplement I have ever used! Shakeology is a meal replacement, but I also occasionally use it as a post workout supplement. Melinda and I have been using it for two months, and we both have noticed great results from it! The chocolate flavor tastes amazing, especially if you mix it with a TBS of peanut butter and a banana. If you use Shakeology as a meal replacement every day, at about $4 a serving you can actually save money in a months’ time. You have to remember that when going out to eat, you can easily spend anywhere from $6-$10 on a meal and take in half of your daily caloric requirements. It’s very low on calories, and contains a balance of carbs and protein, but will fill you up! I usually don’t feel hungry for at least 2-3 hours after I take it. If you’re ready to get healthy, this is a supplement that you at least need to try! Definitely worth every penny spent! Learn more about it by clicking here.



P90X Recovery Formula. Regardless of what program you’re using, this is one of the most important supplements for you to take. Post workout recovery is super important if you’re looking to make great progress, and most people don’t quite understand why. Also, it tastes great! To learn about why it’s important to take in the Recovery Formula post workout, check out my P90X Recovery Drink Review. This is a supplement that you take immediately after you’re done working out. It’s the best post-workout supplement I’ve come across!


P90X Whey Protein. This is a supplement that I used once or twice a day during my first round of P90X, and still continue to use to this day. Whey protein is very important for muscle recovery, and should be incorporated into your diet every day if you’re doing doing an intense exercise regimen like P90X, Insanity, or Chalean Extreme. You should take whey protein in the morning and after your workouts. If you take the Recovery Formula, take the whey protein an hour afterwards. To learn more about why it’s important to use whey protein, click here.