Insanity Workout Review


Hey everyone! As a Beachbody Coach, I like to switch up my workouts and also try all the new workout programs Beachbody offers. In November 2010, I decided that by Summer 2011, I wanted to be ripped. At the time, I weighed close to 220lbs and I was really out of shape. I had heard a lot about Insanity and saw all of the amazing results people were getting. Even though the program scared the heck out of me, I knew that the only way I would be comfortably talk about Insanity with customers was if I did it myself.

When I first started it, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Day 1 was the fit test. I figured this would be the intro and really easy. Boy was I wrong! The fit test was actually harder than most workouts I've ever done. The whole time, I struggled to catch my breath. I was also totally drenched in sweat. The fit test let me know two very important things! First, it let me know how out of shape I was. Second, it let me know that completing the 60 day Insanity Challenge would not be easy. I seriously didn't know if I would be back for Day 2 of Insanity. After thinking it over, I knew that if I could complete this, I could conquer anything!!

Every day I got up and pushed play on the DVD player. Every day was a brutal and intense workout. Shaun T. (the trainer and creator of Insanity) truly pushes you past what you think you are capable of. When you want to quit, he pushes you to Dig Deeper and give a little more. I listened to him 6 days a week and by the 3rd week, I was actually able to make it through the warm-up without taking breaks. This may sound small, but the warm-up for Insanity is tougher than a lot of workouts. The hardest workout I've done prior to Insanity was the Plyometrics workout on P90x. Insanity makes Plyo seem easy.

I will not lie to you, Insanity isn't for everyone. They call it the hardest workout ever put on DVD. After going through it twice, I believe them. The thing that kept me coming back were the results. After going through the program the first 60 days, I started to see my abs again. This truly gave me new motivation. The second time through Insanity, I did it with a partner which was a lot of fun. We were able to push each other and keep each other accountable. Every morning, we would workout in the living room. We pushed ourselves and each other for an hour a day. As a result of 2 rounds of Insanity, I was able to shed 30lbs and I was able to get ripped and have my abs back after many years.

My review of Insanity is that it is the best cardio workout on DVD. If you want to shed body fat, and reveal that 6-pack, this is the program to do it. If you are looking to put on muscle, this may not be the best program for you since this program doesn't use any weights. If you want to put on muscle, I would highly recommend P90x. Insanity is a very tough program, and you have to be ready mentally to give it your all every workout. You have limited breaks and you are working out at a very high level most of the time. If you are totally out of shape, you may want to start with a more rounded program like P90x to get you ready for Insanity.

I hope this review was helpful. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at coachgeoff1@yahoo.com I'm here to help you get the body you deserve!

Bring It!!
Coach Geoff